Tuesday 20 October 2009

Requirement Creep...

This title sort of sounds like a person who stalks for a requirement, rather than for sport, either way, some of you will realise i'm on about a job and contract jobs in general.

Why is it that, no matter what you've already done, it's never quite enough? Take this current company i'm working with, their name shall not be mentioned, but it's not my actual employer, more a sub-contractor, either way, I digress, no matter what i've already done, there is already more to do, and is this charged more? No, there should be limits on this stuff, but there isn't, they just come to me and say those dreaded words "Just one more thing...".

I realise requirement creep is a hazard of the profession, but still, this much work is ridiculous, especially when I don't have time to work on other projects. For example, today they come to me and say "Oh by the way, all these need to have this item on at this cost" without realising that i'm either going to have to go through them one by one, or write a script to go through the few hundered promotions to add what needs to be added, both will be time consuming.

Oh well, I have a couple of other projects, one is looking very nice now, even though it needs a lot of work, and one I haven't started, which will have to take priority eventually, god damn you unnamed company, I have more to be doing than sorting out your crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment